- Department A - Q
- Public Safety
- Hurricane Ida Resources
Hurricane Ida Resources
New York State
Please refer to New York State's (NYS) response to Hurricane Ida, which has links to resources with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), NYS, and local governments. This page can be translated into many different languages if needed. How to Speed Disaster Assistance (English) / How to Speed Disaster Assistance (Spanish)
Insurance Policy and Coverage Questions
For constituents looking to reach out to the NYS Department of Financial Services for questions about their current insurance policy and coverage, use the DFS hotline at (800) 339-1759.
Flood and Disaster Resources
View DFS flood and disaster resource page. This page has links to brochures and other helpful resources for constituents.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Individual Assistance from FEMA
For constituents seeking financial assistance from FEMA, apply directly for assistance through the FEMA website and find other FEMA resources. You can also register for assistance by calling: (800)621-3362.
Individuals may apply for this disaster assistance whether they have insurance or not. Registering online is the fastest way to access FEMA assistance. Not only can you register here, you can check the status of your claim and upload requested documents.
Constituents should have the following information available when they register:
- Name and SSN of the primary applicant.
- Name and SSN of secondary/co-applicant (encouraged but not required).
- Current and pre-disaster address.
- Names of all occupants of the pre-disaster household.
- Current contact information.
- Types of insurance held by the household.
- Household pre-disaster annual gross income.
- Losses caused by the disaster.
- Banking information for direct deposit of financial assistance, if requested