News and Events
Effective 10/15/22, Bingo is cancelled at the Senior Citizens Department indefinitely. Should Bingo resume, we will update you via our website and our calendar.
Need more energy? Why not try out one of our fitness classes. We offer Strength Training and Video Exercise. There is no fee for these classes. Check out our monthly calendar (PDF) for days and times.
We offer classes in 8 week sessions for $30.00 (pre-paid) for Yoga, Zumba, and Tai Chi .
Current Monday Zumba (8:45 a.m.-9:45 a.m.): November 6th, 2023 through January 8th, 2024. (No class on 12/25/23, 1/01/24)
Current Thursday Zumba (1 p.m.-2 p.m.): October 12th through December 14th (no class on 11/16/23, 11/23/23) Next Thursday Zumba session: December 21st, 2023 through February 8th, 2024.
Current Yoga (Thursdays 2:15p.m.-3:15 p.m.): October 5th through November 30th (center closed 11/23) Next Yoga session: December 7th, 2023 through February 1st, 2024 (no class on 12/21).
Current Tai Chi (Fridays 2 p.m.-3 p.m.): October 6th through December 15th (no class on 11/10, 11/24 and 12/01). Next Tai Chi Session: December 15th, 2023 through February 2nd, 2024.
Line Dancing will resume on Friday, January 12th from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
All events subject to change
Upcoming November events:
- Wednesday, November 1st: Blood drive from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1st: Book club discussion at 10:30 a.m. and movie at 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 3rd: Center Committee meeting at 10 a.m. in the Library.
- Friday, November 3rd: John Bruno, Senior Advocate from Suffolk County Office for the Aging will be here at 10 a.m. Sign up at the front desk that morning.
- Wednesday, November 8th: Nutrition seminar at 10:30 a.m. in the Library. The subject is cheese!
- Wednesday, November 8th: Veteran's Day tribute in the Auditorium from 12:30 to 1 p.m.
- Friday, November 10th: Center is closed in observance of Veteran's Day.
- Monday, November 13th: Catholic Health Services Mobile Outreach Bus will be here from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 15th: Broadway Cafe from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Early lunch at 11 a.m.
- Friday, November 17th: Mall trip from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 22nd: Birthday party at 12:30 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th: Center is closed in observance of Thanksgiving.
- Wednesday, November 29th: Trip to NYC to see the Rockettes and lunch at Tony's DiNapoli. See a Club Leader if you are interested in participating!
Upcoming December events:
- Friday, December 1st: John Bruno, Senior Advocate from SCOFA, will be here at 10 a.m. Sign up at the front desk if you'd like to meet with him.
- Wednesday, December 6th: Jazz Loft trip. See a Club Leader if interested in participating.
- Friday, December 8th: Center Committee meeting at 10 a.m. in the Library.
- Happy Hanukkah - December 7th through December 15th!
- Wednesday, December 13th: Holiday Dance from 12 to 3 p.m. See a Club Leader to put your name on the list!
- Wednesday, December 19th: Blood pressure screening at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 20th: Smithtown East High School Choir will be here at 10 a.m. in the Auditorium to perform some holiday favorites!
- Wednesday, December 20th: December birthday party at 12:30 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Thursday, December 21st: National Bacon Day!
- Monday, December 25th and Tuesday, December 26th: The center is closed for the holidays.
- Wednesday, December 27th: The Silver Chords will be here at 12:30 p.m. in the Auditorium to perform a holiday repertoire.
- Friday, December 28th: Mall Trip from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.